Clay County Job Description
|Reports To:||Office Manager|
|Department Title:||Family Court/Juvenile|
|Posting Close Date:||May 2017|
Primary Duties of Position
The employee in this class answers and directs telephone calls and greets the public. The employee is responsible for providing information and direction to the public and to employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the duties of receptionist, consisting of routing phone calls and messages.
- Greets and directs visitors and the public.
- Awareness of visitor’s presence and purpose in the lobby.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail by sorting, stamping and delivering in the Department.
- Operates computer terminals to access, input and extract appropriate information.
- Maintains requested personnel and agency phone lists.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and skill in computer terminal use, information input and extraction.
- Knowledge of the policies pertaining to the distribution of confidential information.
- Knowledge of the Department’s staff, their areas of responsibility, work location and hours.
- Knowledge of the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the rules of grammar, spelling, punctuation, letter and memoranda formats.
- Skill in typing for data entry or letter and memoranda production.
- Skill in receiving and disseminating verbal information via telephone or in person.
- Skill in operating various office machines.
- Work is performed in a modern office setting.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
ADA / Physical Demands
- Vision must be adequate for data entry and retrieval, checking documents, proofreading reports.
- Hearing must be adequate for normal conversation and public contacts.
- Must speak English clearly to clarify information with contacts or give detailed facts
This is not an inclusive list. Other duties, qualifications, knowledge, and skills may be required.
Salary Range: $19,694 - $24,616; plus benefits
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
SEND RESUME TO:
JANET ROGERS, JUVENILE OFFICER
CLAY COUNTY FAMILY COURT
351 EAST KANSAS STREET
LIBERTY, MO 64068
Application Deadline: May 26, 2017