Detention: Youth Service Supervisor
Clay County Job Description
|Position Title:||Youth Service Supervisor|
|Reports To:||Superintendent of Detention|
|Department Title:||Family Court/Juvenile Division|
|Starting Wage:||$33,003 - $49,507 per year|
|Schedule:||Sunday - Off, Monday - Off, Tuesday - 4pm-12am, Wednesday - 4pm-12am, Thursday - Off, Friday - 12am-8am, and Saturday 8am-12am.|
Primary Duties of Position
The employee in this class is responsible for managing the activities of the staff on their shift. They are to ensure their staff is managing the daily living for residents by guiding, teaching, and correcting the residents according to the guidelines and policies of the program. The employee provides leadership to their staff members and residents and develops effective rapport, resolves problems, communicates clearly, and utilizes conflict resolution skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates the daily living activities of the residents
- Initiates each day's activities by waking residents and supervising established daily routines.
- Supervises household chores demonstrating proper techniques and offering assistance.
- Dispenses medications following policy and procedures.
- Monitors residents as they sleep per policy and procedures.
Adheres to procedures for documentation and training
- Writes shift notes, progress notes, residents daily point sheets, and other documentation per program guidelines.
- Attends staff meetings
- Attends in-service education sessions and required classes for continuing education.
- Testifies in court as necessary.
Demonstrates effective communication
- Develops effective rapport with staff and residents.
- Utilizes and teaches staff and residents proper problem solving techniques.
- Utilizes and teaches staff and residents conflict resolutions skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public and clients.
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the team providing quality services as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with staff, parents, and residents.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Additional Supervisor Responsibilities
- Train new staff.
- Modify staff schedule.
- Discipline staff as needed.
- Review and correct staff on all documentation.
- Input juvenile information into the computer.
Work is performed in a detention setting. This position may require travel to other locations for training.
- 4 year degree or related work experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license and liability insurance.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
ADA / Physical Demands
- Hearing must be adequate for normal conversation and telephone communication and extensive public contact.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and clarify or give detailed facts and information.
- Must be physically capable of applying restraints, and managing physical and verbal confrontations with juveniles and / or parents.
- Must complete a physical exam, drug screen, and strength agility test, with satisfactory results.
This is not an inclusive list. Other duties, qualifications, knowledge, and skills may be required.
Please email your letter of intent and resume to Kerrie Schwartz, Director of Residential, to Kerrie dot schwartz at courts dot mo dot gov. If you are selected to go further in the process, you will be contacted by email or phone.
Application Deadline: Until filled