Parents of minor children who have a pending modification case must attend a Parent Orientation Program sponsored through the court.
C.O.P.E. (Co-Operative Parenting through Empowerment) is a one-time three-hour class for parents in dissolution of marriage and modification proceedings.
C.O.P.E. Topics include:
- The impact of separation and divorce on children and families
- Strategies to help children cope
- Post-separation parenting strategies
- Rethinking non-partner parent roles
- Mediation and it's use in resolving family disputes
Class times vary.
Pre-register for class by calling 816-736-8400.
If you have any special adaptive needs (vision, hearing, access, etc.) that need accommodation, please notify this office as soon as possible.
Click here to pre-register online.