Parents of minor children who have a pending dissolution of marriage or legal separation case must attend an Orientation Program sponsored through the court.
C.O.P.E. (Co-Parent Education) is a one-time, three-hour class for parents in dissolution of marriage or legal separation proceedings.
C.O.P.E. topics include:
- How to reduce the impact of dissolution on children and families.
- Strategies to protect your child from harmful conflicts.
- Options for parenting plans.
- How custody is decided in court.
- Mediation and its use in resolving family disputes.
Class times vary.
Pre-register for class by calling 816-736-8400.
We do not provide child-care.
If you have any special adaptive needs (vision, hearing, access, etc.) that need accommodation, please notify this office as soon as possible.
Click here to pre-register online.