FREE MEDIATION IS AVAILABLE
Parties in small claims cases are encouraged to try mediation.
Mediation can be arranged on or prior to your court date by calling the Office of Dispute Resolution Services at 816-736-8402.
Mediation is provided free.
"Mediation" is a non-binding process in which a mediator assists people to communicate and negotiate effectively as they explore options for resolving their dispute.
Mediation helps when …
- you want to avoid the red tape, cost and delay of appeals and collecting on a judgment, or
- you need an outcome beyond a simple judgment for money, or
- you are not sure about the appropriate amount of damages (evidence needed to establish the "measure of damages" in court), or
- you wish to make a payment arrangement, or
- you want to preserve a relationship despite this dispute, or want to avoid the publicity of a judgment on the public record.
Rules of Mediation
For more information, contact: