These items are required to process the filing of a new case.
- Filing Information Sheet (form 292) - original and two copies
- Filing Fee - cash or money order only
Original petition or motion two hole punched at top.
If document is more than one page it must be stapled in the upper left corner.
Also two copies.
- Form 17 (minor children) - original and two copies
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
Documents for notification of other parties:
- Check payable to Sheriff in county where party(s) to be served
- Motion and Order for Special process server (form 112 or 251)
Missouri law RS 506.120 requires that a summons must be issued unless an entry is submitted by other parties.
If you do not want notification to a party you must submit:
- Entry of Appearance and Waiver of Service (notarized)
- The party's Original Answer (notarized)
These items are ALSO required to process the filing of a Dissolution.
- MO Dept of Health Certificate of Dissolution - two copies
Additional forms are required depending on the nature of your case.
Consult Supreme Court and local court rules.
- Litigant Awareness Program certificate (if self-represented)
- COPE parent orientation program certificate (minor children)
- Statement of Income and Expenses
- Statement of Property and Debts
- Parenting Plan (minor children)
- Form 14 - child support calculation (children under 21)