Conservator Powers and Duties

What are the General Duties and Powers of a Conservator?

Probate code 475.130 - The Conservator of an estate of a disabled person or minor child shall protect, preserve, and manage the estate, invest it prudently, and account for it faithfully.

The Conservator of an estate shall take possession of all of the protectee's real and personal property, and of rents, income, issue, and profits therefrom.

The Conservator of the estate shall prosecute and defend all actions instituted in behalf of or against the protectee; collect all debts due or becoming due to the protectee.

The Conservator of an adult or minor Ward is not obligated by virtue of his appointment to use his own financial resources for the support of the Ward.