Division VI: Judge Karen L. Krauser
Please read Presiding Judge’s Order the Circuit7 Website, http://www.circuit7.net/PublicMessage.
All parties, staff, Deputy and judge will be required to wear masks/face coverings. Masks should cover both nose and mouth. Failure to cover both could result in removal from the courthouse.
If you cannot attend your court date
- If you are unable to appear due to illness, quarantining, or other legitimate reason, please contact the court at least 24 hours prior to your court date. You may be given permission to appear via WebEx (Video Conferencing or phone). Please contact the Court Clerk for more information at 816-407-3960 or email for a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRIMINAL CASES-Failing to appear your court date could result in the issuance of an arrest warrant in criminal cases.
- CIVIL CASES-Plaintiffs failing to appear at their court date could result in the case being dismissed. Defendants failing to appear at their court date could result in a default judgment being entered.
VIDEO COURT/VIRTUAL COURT
Link for Virtual Court on WebEx (starting June 7, 2021)
Meeting number: 968 314 856
Join by video system
Dial email@example.com and enter your host PIN 0539.
You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number..
Join by phone: +1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 968 314 856.
- You can look to https://www.facebook.com/SeventhJudicialCircuit for updates to virtual court or court closures.
- Only parties are allowed to address the court unless specifically requested by a party or court.
- Please mute your phone or computer until your case is called.
- Please dress appropriately as if you are coming to court.
- Please find a quiet place to conduct the videoconferencing.
- You are ordered not to record the proceeding. Supreme Court Rules prohibit any recording of the proceeding except by official court reporters.
HEARING AND TRIALS FOR CRIMINAL AND CIVIL
SCHEDULE FOR DIVISION 6Mondays 09:00 AM - Smithville Docket / Trials
Tuesday 09:00 AM - Criminal Docket with Private Attorneys
Wednesday 09:00 AM - Landlord Tenant Cases
Thursday 09:00 AM - Docket calls Civil Docket/Landlord Tenant Cases (if necessary)
Fridays 09:00 - AM Preliminary Hearings and Trials on any time of cases
LANDLORD TENANT / EVICTION CASES
COVID- 19 UPDATE
The Center for Disease Control and the Presiding Judge of Clay County have issued moratoriums on evictions until 12/31/20. Please read both orders:
- Temporary halt in residential evictions to prevent the further spread of covid-19
- Presiding Judge Order
- Landlords must complete Form #1 in every eviction case, https://www.circuit7.net/documents/publicmessage/Eviction1.pdf. If a Tenant proves landlord or Plaintiff’s attorney with Form #2, Plaintiff/Landlord must notify the Court.
- Tenants may complete Form #2 if they have been effected financially by COVID-19, https://www.circuit7.net/documents/publicmessage/Eviction2.pdf.
- Copies of the executed Form #2 must be provided to the Landlord/Plaintiff.
- For further protection, tenants may also file the form in his/her court case by giving an executed copy to the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 11 S. Water Liberty, MO 64068.
Pursuant to the Presiding Judge Order on Moratorium on Evictions, all eviction judgments must include:
- The grounds for the judgment (lack of payment of rent),
- Whether the grounds for judgment are subject to the CDC Order and Presiding Judge’s Order, and
- Court finds that the Plaintiff has complied with both Orders.
- The Center for Disease Control and the Presiding Judge of Clay County have issued moratoriums on evictions until 12/31/20. Please read both orders:
LANDLORD TENANT JUDGMENTS
- Pursuant to Missouri Supreme Court Rule 74.80, judgments must have itemization of damages substantially in the same form as: https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=147973
TRACK THIS CASE
You can track your case and receive email/text reminders of your court date. Directions for "Track This Case"
- Go to Missouri Case.net at https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet
- Enter case number or litigant name
- Click “Track This Case” for desired cases
- Provide your email address and mobile phone number (optional)
- Enter special characters in verification box
- Click “Track This Case”.
Judge Karen L. Krauser
Division VI - Associates Cases
Judicial Assistant: Melanie B. Ramirez